Enric Granzotto Llagostera
I’m a game maker and researcher from Brazil, doing my PhD at Concordia University. Working on alternative controllers, subversive play, and game design as a critical practice.
A contemplative world-building game. Take your time and tweak this or that little world.
Awesome Alt Ctrls
An open and community-focused list of resources for creating alternative controllers, playful installations and physical-digital hybrids.
Cook Your Way
A game about how immigration systems and capitalist discourses of multiculturalism combine to oppress migrants.
A series of free do-it-yourself game controllers. No gatekeeping, patents or corporations, just cardboard contraptions.
A soft alternative controller game about care. Players grow a garden within a well by connecting roots in the dark. Collaboration with Rebecca Goodine.
- Program Committee at ICEC-JCSG 2019I was part of the Program Committee, reviewing papers on serious games and simulations, for the joint International Conference on Entertainment Computing (ICEC-2019) and Conference on Serious Games (JCSG-2019) conferences, hosted in Arequipa, Peru.
- Demo and Doctoral Consortium at DIS 2019I presented my game Cook Your Way as a demonstration and also participated in the doctoral consortium at the Designing Interactive Systems (DIS) 2019 in San Diego, USA.
- On Crumbling Platforms at CGSA 2019I presented a talk on game making tools as sharing practices as part of the Sharing Games: Proliferation, Posterity, Practice panel of the CGSA 2019 conference.
- Cook Your WayA game about how immigration systems and capitalist discourses of multiculturalism combine to oppress migrants.
- Lecturer at Concordia UniversityIn 2018 and 2019, I have thought the Introduction to Game Design course at the Computation and Arts undergraduate program at Concordia University, Montreál.
- Game programmer at The PhenomenaFrom March to July 2019, I worked developing the Unity SDK for the VPX hardware project at The Phenomena.
- Student organizer at DesignJam: Accessible Gamepad JamI was part of the student team organizing an accessible gamepad jam, as part of the accessXchange forum on advancing inclusive, accessible approaches to design and learning.
- Mentor at Critical Hit Parallax 2018In July / August 2018, I was one of the mentors at the Critical Hit Parallax summer program at Concordia University, in partnership with Indienova. I taught about game making tools, game design and helped to support students in their game jam projects.